Loch-Style National Final 2012
Venue : Bewl Water
Date : 21st September 2012
The top 28 qualifiers are:
1. Steve Cullen 8 fish 17lbs 61/2ozs
2. Tony Fox 8 fish 16lbs 9ozs
3. Harry Fox 7 fish 14lbs 31/2ozs
4. John Tyzack 6 fish 12lbs 81/2ozs
5. John Hardy 6 fish 12lbs 2ozs
6. Paul Canning 5 fish 11lbs 12ozs
7. Tom Bird 6 fish 11lbs 81/2ozs
8. Martin Griffiths 6 fish 11lbs 8ozs
9. John Ball 6 fish 11lbs 71/2ozs
10. Gary Hedges 5 fish 10lbs 1ozs
11. Martin Burgess 4 fish 9lbs 15ozs
12. Andrew Croucher 5 fish 9lbs 9ozs
13. Howard Croston 5 fish 9lbs 7ozs
14. Mark MacLeod 5 fish 9lbs 41/2ozs
15. Paul Davison 4 fish 8lbs 9ozs
16. Paul Lee 4 fish 8lbs 8ozs
17. John Hood 5 fish 8bs 51/2ozs
18. Richard Slater 3 fish 8lbs 51/2ozs
19. Paul Kitchen 5 fish 8lbs 3ozs
20. Thomas Davis 4 fish 8lbs 21/2ozs
21. Steve Smalley 5 fish 8lbs 1ozs
22. Roger Truscott 4 fish 7lbs 14ozs
23. Simon Kidd 4 fish 7lbs 7ozs
24. Denis Symonds 3 fish 7lbs 5ozs
25. Paul Angel 3 fish 7lbs 4ozs
26. Glen Appleby 4 fish 7lbs 2ozs
27. John Horsey 3 fish 7lbs 01/2ozs
28. Rob Barden 3 fish 6lbs 15ozs
(Results & images courtesy of Cliff Waters, Fishypics)
Full results: England National 2012(3)
These will represent Team England FF at the Home Loch-style Internationals for 2013, which will be the Spring International at Bewl Water, and the Autumn International at the Lake of Menteith in Scotland.
Martin Introna, Team England FF Boat Manager, adds, “Many congratulations to everyone who qualified for next year’s teams. It was a very difficult and frustrating day for many anglers who just couldn’t get that single take/fish that may have seen them in the top 28 places. Bewl is a wonderful water but can be rather ‘moody’…If I can for the moment single out one particular angler, Steve Cullen, this man is on fire claiming the top English bag at the recent Autumn International held at Llyn Brenig and now National Champion. To all the other qualifiers, I look forward to working with you next year, we have a very strong squad.”
Loch-Style National Final 2011
Venue : Grafham Water
Date : 3rd September 2011
Visit Grafham Water website
Even though Grafham’s fishing had been ‘challenging’ in recent weeks, pre-match practice had thrown up good bags for some, and also suggested that fish were well spread out. Sure enough, at the gun 14 boats headed for the North shore, 25 to G Buoy and the rest to an area stretching from The Seat, to Gaynes Cove and the South end of the Dam.
Ideal conditions prevailed for much of the morning, with a good overcast sky and moderate winds. With fish high in the water, lines varied from floaters to DI3s, with some pulling on DI5s and DI7s.
First to finish was Kim Green, RAF federation, who took his 8 fish by 12.14pm drifting onto Deep Water Point. Having seen the numbers heading for G Buoy, he chose to pick a drift where they would be the only boat. Landing 7 in the first hour on floating line and nymphs, he found sport slowed noticeably as other boats joined in the drift and it took him an hour and a quarter to get that last fish. Even so, he still finished almost 90 minutes ahead of anyone else, and took the National Champion title with 23lbs 11 5/8ozs.
Second place went to Ron Gent who landed a 20lbs+ bag of fish just after 3.00pm, with third place going to David Drake with another spectacular 21-7-6 bag at 4.40pm. In a match that saw many four pound specimens, the best fish was caught by Denis Symonds, Peninsula federation, at 5-2-14.
The top 28, who will form the two England Teams to fish the Home Internationals at Lough Sheelin and Llyn Brenig in 2012, are: Kim Green, Ron Gent, David Drake, Paul Shaw, Fred Bainbridge, Alistair Beaumont, Andy Croucher, Richard Slater, Brad Gifford, Steve Cullen, Rob Sosbe, Ian Donaldson, Dave Morris, Nick Dunn, Lloyd Pallett, Mark Howard, Colin Martin, Bill Rankin, Martin Greatbatch, Paul Angell, Mark MacLeod, John Stevenson, Steve Collins, Chris Micallef, Peter Appleby, Steve Ellerbeck, Mark Withyman and Sean Brooks.
Full results Loch-style National 2011
(Images courtesy of Cliff Waters Fishypics)